I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today with a finished dish towel and a new one in progress.
I finished the Nested Squares towel in sagebrush CotLin, so it joins the stack of other towels.
I can't recall how I came across this next pattern, but I liked the stitch it is knit in. It reminded me of waffle stitch, but it's a simple four-row repeat called hurdle stitch. I've been knitting for well over 50 years but this was new to me. This old dog is happy to learn new tricks, especially if they are ones that she can master easily.
The original pattern had a seed stitch border but I needed a break from seed stitch, so I elected not to do that. I liked the stockinette band from the first towels I knit, so that's what I did here. I'm about halfway done and hope to finish this up soonish.
I've also got a deep purple towel started in the Nested Squares pattern, and I might need to knit a couple dish towels for Jess for Christmas. I also wouldn't mind a couple towels for myself, and the weather is cooling down so I should also get back to Justin's hat. Then there is the Saltwater Bandana from Purl Soho that I've been waiting to cast on. Plenty of projects for the foreseeable future!
What are you making this Wednesday in September?
Ravelry links:



The finished towel is so handsome hanging on the oven, Bonny! And I really like the stitch pattern on the new towel!
ReplyDeleteOooh, I do like the stitch pattern of the new towel! You really are on a roll with your dish towel knitting! I'm excited to cast on my new sweater, but that won't happen until this evening, and today I'll be working on finishing up the latest scrappy charity hat.
ReplyDeleteI love your towels, Bonny. They're lovely and useful -- and they look interesting to knit, too! Always the winning-est combination in my book. As for me? Oh, I am slogging away on that infernal Waffle Pullover. (I'm in the Black Hole portion of the knitting, where I knit and knit and gain ZERO inches in the doing.)
ReplyDeleteHurdle stitch? That's a new one on me as well. I like it! I love those patterns that are easy row repeats. For me, they provide instant positive feedback as well as meditative knitting by getting into the zone. Currently, I am not making anything. My stepson has finally moved into the house I renovated, so that project is OVAH! I am melting in this relentless dry heat. If this continues, I will need to xeriscape my yard going forward. The AC has been running constantly, and the humidity in the house is so low that I feel like a piece of papyrus. Me no likey. I finished a calligraphy class, and I am awaiting my watercolor class to begin in October.
ReplyDeleteDishtowels are the new Hitchhikers! I love that new one.
ReplyDeleteI've got some big cones of kitchen cotton in the weaving stash and I'm thinking I need some of those dishtowels. They would be perfect to sit my dish drainer on. I love my knitted dishcloths but I rarely use them for washing up. I use them for sitting wet stuff on especially in the bathrooms. They really soak up the water.
ReplyDeleteI haven't washed, dried, or actually used any of the towels yet, but I have high hopes for their absorbency.
DeleteI love that new pattern. I do think you deserve a towel or two yourself after all this gift knitting 🧶
ReplyDelete