Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Unraveled Wednesday: 9/16/26

I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today. And guess what; I'm still knitting dishtowels! I'm almost finished with the hurdle stitch one, just a couple more inches to go. I thought I might get it completed yesterday, but Ryan and I ended up talking too much and I had to tink back four rows where I made a mistake. The conversation with my son was well worth a bit of tinking and reknitting. 

I still have a dark purple nested squares towel in progress that I need to get back to after I finish this cream one. Then I think I am done with Christmas gift towels.  I want to return to Justin's hat; there's just one badger left to stitch and then the hat will be complete. The weather is finally cool enough that my fingers don't get sticky stitching with wool yarn. But I still might need to make myself a dish towel now that I know which ones are my favorites. 

What are you making this Wednesday in September? 

6 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely towel, Bonny! But I bet it will be even nicer to have Justin's hat finished! Last night, I skipped stitching for the John of John discussion (which was really excellent!!) and knit on my vest... I am closer to the back being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that a good conversation with your son is worth having to tink a bit. If I were you, I'd get to stitching that badger while you can so you can cross it off your list -- if you can pull yourself away from the cotton! Thanks to our Zoom last night, I managed to get almost ready to turn the heel on my sock last night, so I will take care of that this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire your dish towels Bonny! I wish I could knit or stitch on something when we have our Zoom meet-ups to discuss books like Kat and Sarah and others, but I can't seem to do that (or when watching anything on TV either). Get that badger done!!! I can't wait to see the finished hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a knitting whiz this summer, Bonny. I am truly impressed. I wanted to start a new stitching project, but I just can't get motivated in this 100 degree heat, every day. They say one more week, and I will believe it when I see it. Enough whining! I love that dishtowel, and I can't wait to see Justin's hat finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take conversation over knitting progress any day . . . but it is rather a drag to have to (painstakingly, I'm sure . . . ) tink back four rows, whatever the reason. Those dish towels are splendid, Bonny. I'm tempted to knit some for myself . . . but I'm suddenly feeling a simple hat-knitting binge calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pile of towels must be so satisfying to see. Whenever it feels like I'm not accomplishing anything I go have a good look in my gift box of socks. There aren't enough feet in the family to wear them all but I'm like a miser with his pile of gold. I'll never have enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment! :-)