I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today with something you haven't seen for a while. This is what the hat looked like six weeks ago, with the barn owl completed, but just a few stitches started on the wolf to the right:
A little more wolf-like but still quite a bit more to go. I had forgotten just how slow and tedious this is!
I did cast on with the teal yarn for a third kitchen towel as soon as I finished the green one, but there is still a long way to go on it, too. After three towels in the same pattern, I think I'm definitely ready for a different pattern. But there is still the potential for plenty of hot weather this summer, so I think I'll be knitting with cotton yarn for at least another month.



What a fun hat! Justin is going to be so surprised. I love the teal yarn and I give you major credit for already making two towels and starting a third. My hands hurt after one dishcloth, so I don't think I could do that! I did make Talbot's catnip toy, but that's about it!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see the hat again! I'm sure working on it was a nice break from knitting with cotton, and I'm not surprised that you're ready for a break after this current towel. I'm hoping to finish up my current hat soon, but I'm not sure what to start next. Molly is helping me with some stash reorganization, so perhaps I need to do some multi-stranded knitting to use up some of that yarn.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, I knew I would love that teal color! If I owned these dish towels, I would be using the first 2 and admiring the 3rd. :) I am sure you are tired of this pattern, but it does make a lovely dish towel. It looks like it has just the right amount of texture. The hat is coming along. Yes, duplicate is very tedious, but then intarsia is worse, at least that is my view.
ReplyDeleteY'know . . . you may be tiring of knitting the same pattern, but I've gotta say it is a FABULOUS dish towel. I love all the colors you've used so far, but I think that teal is my favorite of the bunch. I'm glad you had a break in the weather for some outdoor stitching/knitting (rare in July, typically, and especially this year). The hat for Justin is an epic work of art and I love seeing it come together. XO
ReplyDeleteI am adding my love of that teal dish towel to the chorus! There is something very good about knitting the same pattern over and over... it takes on an almost meditative quality when you focus less on the pattern and just on the beauty of the stitches! Justin's hat is truly magnificent! I think that will be a well worn gift! (and I am eager to see your book reviews tomorrow!!)
ReplyDeleteThe hat is a treasure. And the teal color is my favorite so far. Hoping you get some more pleasant outdoor knitting weather! We have unhealthy air this week (lightning strikes last Thursday night seem to have knit all of Central Oregon on fire -- really terrible) so we're inside.
ReplyDeleteI really like Justin's hat, it will be a treasured gift! Seeing your lovely dish towels makes me want to set aside the scarf I'm knitting for some dishtowel knitting!
ReplyDelete