Thursday, June 9, 2016

When Worlds Collide

I am definitely not a gamer, even though I was pleased to get my character in Guild Wars 2 to Level 80, and do occasionally enjoy Animal Crossing Wild World on my Nintendo DS. Both of my sons play online role-playing games and one of them has played Dungeons & Dragons and Magic the Gathering off and on for years, so I still get catalogs of dice, tokens, counters, and game "stuff". I occasionally page through them before I throw them into the recycling bin, and while perusing I spied something interesting. Imagine my surprise when my limited participation in the gaming world intersected with my knitting world, in a practical, beautiful, and wonderful way.


This is a counter ring from CritSuccess, meant "to keep track of your Health, Mana, HP, MP, VP, BP, or any other points between 00 and 99." It also makes a great knitting row counter, which is what I'm using it for. I'm not a big fan of the row counters that hang on needles because they seem to get in my way. I have multiple Kacha-Kacha click counters, but I either forget to advance them or lock them so they advance by themselves in my knitting bag.

I wear my counter ring on my thumb so it's right there when I complete a row, ready to count the next one. It has a springy bit so it doesn't advance by itself but is still easy to turn. It comes in blue, black, rainbow, and gold, and I think it's cool, therefore, the perfect knitting row counter!

CritSuccess was great to deal with; I ordered this on Sunday, had a shipping confirmation less than 12 hours later, and received the ring a day later. I got this for myself as an early birthday present, and I think it just may be the best gift I receive this year!

9 comments:

  1. isn't that a cool birthday present!? Happy birthday by the way whenever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'm going to put that on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Bonny! And, I love learning this small tidbit about you! Happy Early Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that might be the answer for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so awesome! (My daughter is a gamer-girl. I bet she'd really get a kick out me using a counter like that!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! And it looks like you're trying out some of that new yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool ring! I've never used row counters but this one I'd try...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment! :-)