This week's Ten on Tuesday topic is your 10 Favorite Things To Do With Blueberries.
- Blueberry pie - I tried this recipe from Carole last weekend, and it was delicious. No runny filling!
- Stain your white blouse with blueberry splatters while cooking the filling for blueberry pie. Maybe not really one of my favorite things, but it was inevitable.
- Blueberry muffins - This is an excellent recipe, even without the topping. I like to tell myself the muffins are healthier if I'm not sprinkling extra sugar on top. :-)
- Blueberry banana bread.- This used to be the only way I made banana bread, but with only two of us at home to eat it, I haven't made it in years. Maybe it's time...
- Use them in fruit salad.
- Blueberry pancakes
- Eat them plain!
- Celebrate National Blueberry Month - It's July in the US, and August in Canada.
- Treat insanity - I was surprised to find a blueberry entry on WebMD, and even more surprised to read that "some people inhale the fumes of burning dried blueberry flowers for treatment of insanity." ?! Also not really one of my favorite things, but quite amusing nonetheless.
- Blueberry jam - I used to make jams and jellies with my grandmother every summer. I really enjoyed it, but it did seem like a lot of work, especially sealing the jars with hot wax. This recipe for blueberry freezer jam looks so easy I might even try it. There's even a low or no-sugar version!
I hope you get a chance to enjoy some blueberries in your favorite ways, hopefully without any burning dried blueberry flowers!