Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Unraveled Wednesday: 10/7/26

I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today with the beginnings of a badger. 

I was glad to see that the badger only uses four colors and they are all in fairly discrete blocks. He doesn't look too badger like now, but hopefully he'll have the right half of his face done next week and then the hat will be finished!
 
I also cast on another dishtowel; this one will be a gift for Jess. I'm using my favorite color along with my favorite pattern, so I'll still have to make another one exactly the same for me. It is good to work on in the evening when it's really too dark to stitch on the hat. I need lots of natural light for that. 
 
 
What are you making this first Wednesday in October? 

Ravelry links:

Cilantro Tea Towel  

  

4 comments:

  1. I can see the beginnings of a badger! And I think he will be the most adorable one yet! Light has become a "hot commodity" here as well. Sigh. I think that dish towel is so handsome! And I like the color as well! (as for my making... I am feeling some urgency to get those socks finished... the covering of the toes is kind of urgent right now... but I am not quite ready for full height socks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see a badger! And a very cute badger at that! I'm sure you'll have no trouble finishing it up, provided the sun stays out. I hope this dishtowel moves quickly because after all of them that you've knit, you deserve to make one to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that turquoise? My monitor may not be doing a good job on color. If so, then that is one of my favorite colors as well. I think this dish towel pattern is my favorite of those you have knit. I love all that texture going on in it. I started my first watercolor class yesterday, so currently I am making a mess with water and paint. The badger is looking very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fine looking badger! You'll be done in no time (the weather forecast is showing nice here for some more days). And I love the color of the yarn you are using for the towel for Jess. I'd like that too (please). I still seem to be in a bit of a slump with reading and even with making, but am hoping that will change soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment! :-)