Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Unraveled Wednesday: 8/26/26

I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today, but I'm also unhappy that I don't yet have a finished towel to show you. 

The last time I was at Ryan's, I measured one of his ratty dishtowels that I hope to replace with these handknitted ones. I didn't have a tape measure so I quickly made a "measuring string" for length from one of the skeins in my knitting bag while Ryan was otherwise occupied. You can see I'm approximately two repeats short of completing the length, but I think I'll do an extra one because I fully expect it to shrink when I wash and dry the towel.
 
 
Hopefully, I'll have this one completed and be well into finishing the purple one by the next time I join Unraveled Wednesday. We're leaving next Monday to visit John's older sister and her husband for much of the week. With an eight-hour round-trip drive, I'm envisioning finishing both towels and maybe starting another one in Dishie yarn using this pattern. We'll see; my knitting visions don't always turn into reality. 
 

What are you making this last Wednesday in August? 

Ravelry links:

Nested Squares Kitchen Towel 

 

8 comments:

  1. Well, it may not be finished, but it sure is a lovely towel. I never really mastered knitting in the car, but with an upcoming 8 hour ride, it sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we always overestimate how much knitting we'll get done on a car trip, but it's always better to plan for that than assume we'll get less done and end up with nothing to work on! That measuring string was a good idea. I'm still working on my current charity hat and some charity mittens, but I'm hoping to be swatching for my next sweater soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Vera, lovely lovely towels indeed! I hope the knitting whilst traveling goes well! The car is always good for a good stretch of knitting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an amazing amount of knitting in just one towel and cotton is not an easy fiber to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit that the knitting may be getting slightly tedious!

      Delete
  5. That is a beautiful dish towel, Bonny. He is going to receive a bounty of lovely towels for Christmas! I never mastered knitting in the car. I hope you have a great visit with family. Isn't this the BIL that was so ill? Be safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent my last long car trip (3 hours to the huckleberry fields) unraveling a sweater I started. It was the right decision but not the funnest one. I got to leave most of the neckband (it's top down) intact, so the restart was good. I'm happier but still wary with the re-knit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Progress is progress! Those are going to be so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment! :-)