Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Unraveled Wednesday: 8/5/26

I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today with a third completed dish towel. Now the stack I envisioned gifting to Ryan is real.

I still haven't washed them but will do that sometime in the near future. They're fairly large, 17' x 27", but I know they'll shrink in the dryer. I just don't know how much yet. 

It's still hot and rainy so I won't be sitting outside stitching a badger anytime soon. Instead I've just cast on for another dish towel, but using a different yarn and pattern. Nested Squares in CotLin is an easy pattern with a nice yarn and should keep me happily knitting dish towels for another month or so. I thought I ordered the yarn in a deep purple, but this Sagebrush doesn't look the least bit purple. I might have to remedy that.    

What are you making this first Wednesday in August? 

10 comments:

  1. OOh, that teal is beautiful, just as I imagine it would be. Looks like a beautiful stack. I would love to see them after they are washed and dried, Bonny. You are on the dishtowel train! It's lovely to find something that you enjoy knitting repeatedly, as you have with HHs. I think this could be your summer version of them. They are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that happy stack of towels! I hope the colors stay vibrant even after washing -- please report back on that and the shrinkage!

    I'm getting the itch to cast on something new, but I want to finish up my scarf and my current spin, and I know I'll get distracted by the new and shiny if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a handsome stack of towels! And I wondered if Cotlin would work for them! I am glad to see you give it a try! (that color is really lovely!) I have two more rows on my autumn leaves blips before I join a new skein and begin the ribbing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great stack of dishtowels, Bonny. I love the stitch pattern AND I love the colors you chose. What a great gift for Ryan -- and perfect summer knitting for you. I like the Nested Squares design, too. I think it'll make another lovely towel (or two???). Are these for Ryan, too? Or maybe for you???? XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and beautiful stack of towels Bonny! Like others, I love the colors you've chosen. Now I want to see a nested square one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pile! I am so impressed that you finished all of them so quickly. They are going to be a most welcome gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, there will be another one well underway next week.

      Delete
  7. What a nice little stack! A deep purple dish towel would fit right in with all those other colors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely stack of knit-with-love dish towels. Fingers crossed that they don't shrink too much. I hope you enjoy knitting with Cotlin. I use it to make washcloths and enjoy both the knitting and the result.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed with your commitment to these dishtowels. That's a great stack you've got. Are dishtowels the new hitchhiker?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment! :-)