Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Unraveled Wednesday: 8/19/26

I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today. I'm still working on the same dish towels, adding more rows slowly but surely. 


After knitting 10 rows on these, I’m finally getting the hang of keeping my knits and purls straight, most of the time, anyway. I still have quite a way to go, so there’s plenty of time to become a real seed-stitch expert (and also plenty of time to make more mistakes).
 
I think these will be for Ryan. I'm guessing that it will take me at least a couple of weeks to finish them, and then I'll need to get back to stitching the badger on Justin's hat. I'm glad I started these Christmas gifts early (and I still need to think of something to make for Jess). 

What are you making as August winds down? 

Ravelry links:

Nested Squares Kitchen Towel 

 

9 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see how many dishtowels you'll have knit by the time summer is over -- it's quite impressive! Not a bad idea to take some time off to work on the badger, either, while you've got good natural light. I need to think about what I want to knit for holiday gifts this year so I can get an early start. I know there needs to be a gnome for my youngest nephew, but that's as far as I've gotten. In the meantime, I cast on a pair of mittens for charity last night -- trying to use up some partial skeins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sure are pretty dish towels Bonny! Great colors and the design is so nice - I'm sure I would have messed up the seed stitch. I'm looking forward to seeing the Badger come to life! I'm still plugging away on the shortie socks I am knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are truly gorgeous, Bonny! (and I hear you on the seed stitch woes... I have bailed on many seed stitch projects so go you on these stunning towels!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are looking great, Bonny. I think the more texture you have on a dish towel the better they are. Bravo for your tenacity with seed stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about Christmas knitting ornaments but haven't decided which pattern I want to do. I should get going on it soon, I do not like to knit under pressure. ha ha. Your progress on the towels is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those towels. Considering it's taken me many, many months to weave just one, you've sure got me beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But once you get the loom warped, I bet you'll weave a towel pretty quickly!

      Delete
  7. The towels might be progressing slowly, but they are magnificent! The colors and pattern would make me smile every time I grabbed one out of my towel drawer. I love the grid pattern. As for me, I'm just plugging along on my second Saltwater Bandana (I think this one might be for Lauren for Christmas???) and the linen stitch bandana (epic, but never-ending and very slow). Then I think I'll be finished with my Bandana Phase. (But maybe not???)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those towels are lovely. It sure would be nice to have those in a kitchen. I was just thinking that I need to start a couple of Christmas gifts. I usually knit something for my daughter and my daughter-in-law. I'm working on a pair of socks. Last night I started a "Same As It Ever Was Hat" out of some leftover sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment! :-)