I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today with a good start on the newest dish towel.
There is nothing difficult about this pattern, but it just might be the one that staves off dementia for me for another year or two. It's a bunch of seed stitch and I have to really pay attention when I'm working on the purl side so I keep the knits and purls straight.
But just to keep things interesting, I started the same pattern in dark purple Cotlin.
I haven't even gotten to the first row of nested squares yet, but I've been in a purple mood ever since the yarn arrived and hopefully I'll be able to keep my knits and purls straight.
What are you making this Wednesday in August?
Ravelry links:


I have no doubt that I'd mess that pattern up repeatedly -- it's not hard, but you really do have to pay attention to seed stitch (maybe that's why I dislike it)! I hope you have good light while you're working on the dark purple one! I'm working on finishing up a crocheted dishcloth that's very wonky but will be functional when it's done in addition to my current hat. Nothing terribly exciting, but then not every project has to be.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty pattern! But, like Sarah, I strongly dislike seed stitch. Years ago I started knitting a cardigan in seed stitch (can you imagine?). Needless to say, it was never finished. I like the green color a lot and that dark purple is very pretty. I'll keep doing my sudoko puzzles to stave off dementia! LOL
ReplyDeleteOooh, pretty!! I like both colors and I like the pattern! Those tidy boxes all lined up so nicely! This is some happy knitting! (despite having to keep track of knits and purls... these days, I'd much rather keep track of that than any of the nonsense going on all around us!)
ReplyDeleteOh, YES. That is a lovely design -- and I can see how it will be an excellent tool for staving off mental decline. (And I will say this . . . if you can do seed stitch, you can do linen stitch!) I LOVE this design, Bonny. It's got all my favorite elements . . . grids, texture, and seed stitch. I may need to try one of these for myself. XO
ReplyDeleteI love the way seed stitch looks, so I like this pattern. I have not done anything in seed stitch in about 30 years. I knitted a very long cardigan in the early 80's that was totally seed stitch except for the ribbing. I loved that sweater, but I swore I would never do seed stitch again. I got pretty burned out on it doing that project. Then the moths got it! Seed stitch will definitely give you focus exercise. I have been doing the double decision brain game, and I think seed stitch might give it a run for the money.
ReplyDeletelove the purple! I have a love/hate relationship for seed stitch, I like it but all that back and forth with the yarn, yikes. However, ribbing is fine and it's the same back and forth if it's 1 x 1 stitch design, go figure.
ReplyDeleteI love those nested squares, though my wrist starts to feel sore just reading the words "seed stitch" (or "moss"), never mind the knitting. That's sure going to be a wonderful collection!!
ReplyDeleteI love the new towels, Bonnie. I'm not a fan of MAKING seed stitch, but it sure is nice when you're done. And such a nice texture for a towel.
ReplyDeleteSeed stitch always feels more challenging than I anticipate! That dark purple is gorgeous, how is it on your EYES!!??
ReplyDelete