Potholders

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Unraveled Wednesday: 9/23/26

I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today with a dish towel finish, but I'm still plugging away on the last one.

I finished the Hurdle stitch towel and it has joined the growing pile of gift towels that sits on the arm of my knitting chair. It just makes me happy to see them. This was definitely my favorite pattern and I'll be knitting one or two of these for myself later.

I'm still knitting on the last purple Nested Squares towel. It seems like I'm always making (and then fixing) seed stitch mistakes. Whenever this happens, I tell myself that I'm stretching my brain and possibly preventing dementia, but it's still not a fun pattern for me, and this dark purple yarn I chose doesn't help at all. 
 
 
But I do want to finish it before I start working on Justin's hat, otherwise it may never get done.  

What are you making on this penultimate Wednesday in September? 

Ravelry links:

Cilantro Tea Towel  

Nested Squares Kitchen Towel 

 

5 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely stack of towels Bonny! I hope the last one stops being a problem child! But I think that Hurdle Stitch towel is my absolute favorite! It is really lovely hanging on your oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a stack of towels!! They are just so pretty Bonny. Here's hoping you can get through the dark purple one and move on to finishing Justin's hat!! I did manage (surprise!!) to finish Fletch's Birthday Socks and I actually cast on for socks for Iris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stack of towels is such a beautiful sight! I do like the Hurdle Stitch one a lot; it might be my favorite, too. And I share your frustrations with seed stitch. I've never liked it, even though I have no problems with ribbing, which logically makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe with the results of your foray into dish towels, Bonny! I think you found the perfect knitting for hot weather this year. We have discussed that seed stitch issue, and yes, it is probably good for your brain, but oh so frustrating! I think the hurdle stitch gives it a run for the money with texture, so I am glad you found an alternative. Happy, happy Wednesday from the Midsouth! The heat dome has departed the area, and I took the first deep breath in about six weeks this morning on my walk with Wink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT stack of towels there, Bonny. And they will make a wonderful gifts, too. I love the way seed stitch looks, but I find I make so many mistakes -- and especially once I really "know" the pattern . . . and my mind wanders . . . and I am "fixing" again. I think you're probably wise to finish that last (damn) towel before starting in on more pleasant projects. (That's usually my strategy, and it generally works.) XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment! :-)