I’m happy to join Kat and the Unravelers today with a completed wolf on Justin's hat.
It took me a couple of afternoons sitting outside in the shade to complete him.
I've readjusted his eyes four times and I still can't get them to match, so further eye adjustment will have to wait until I have more patience. The good news is that I only have one more animal to stitch. It's a badger and only uses four colors so that's a little extra good news.
We're in a prolonged period of humidity, severe storms, and hail but no tornadoes yet. It doesn't present any good opportunities for outdoor stitching for a while, so it's back to kitchen towel knitting.
What are you making this final Wednesday in July?


Your wolf looks great Bonny! And, I think his eyes are just fine. I'm looking forward to seeing your badger (don't ask me why but I do love a badger!!). This morning feels a little better to me humidity-wise, but I know more storms are expected later today. Hoping we all stay safe with no tornadoes!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Vera -- I think your wolf's eyes are just fine! I hope you're able to get through some towel knitting while the severe weather passes through, and I hope you don't have any weather that's so severe that it causes issues for you. I'm looking forward to casting on that new scarf this afternoon and seeing how the handspun knits up. It should stripe, sort of.
ReplyDeletePerfection is highly overrated - especially with duplicate stitch that already looks pretty dang perfect to me! Are you sure you can't just . . . live with the wolf's eyes the way they are? (Although I truly understand the pull of the fixing . . . ) And - lucky you - to have both an "inside project" and an "outside project!" You're ready no matter the weather! XO
ReplyDeleteI think that wolf looks perfect Bonny! And, when it is pulled on Justin's head to keep it warm, it will look even more perfect! I am 32 rounds and an applied I-cord cast off from a finished sweater! Woo!
ReplyDeleteI think the wolf looks great, Bonny. I think you are being too self critical, but you do you. As my mother used to say when she made me clothes and saw a little mistake, "it will never be seen on a galloping horse!" I hope your weather improves. Mine is all over the place, and the weather forecasts are making it impossible to determine if we can go on a walk (major problem, LOL). I took a risk Sunday morning when they said no rain, and Wink and I got caught in a deluge too far from home. It is the first time in ages that I had to wring out my underwear when I got home, but it was some relief from the heat. ;)
ReplyDeleteWhen you showed the wolf last week I was wondering how it was going to end up looking like a wolf and it sure did! It looks amazing. Your skill with a needle impresses the heck out of me.
ReplyDeleteI think the person with the skill was the one that created the pattern! The wold was kind of a pita because it used seven colors with just a few stitches here and there. The badger only has four colors with large areas of each color - easy peasy!
DeleteI think your wolf looks terrific! And, YAY! You're so close to finishing!!
ReplyDeleteI think the wolf's eyes look fine. That is going to be the perfect hat for your son.
ReplyDeleteI have been knitting on my mitred-square blanket mostly. I throw in a couple of hours on a sock once in awhile.
I love your wolf! I think I bought a hat kit with a lighthouse in Maine on it and part of it is duplicate stitch so I will be trying that sometime in the far future.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I kind of like duplicate stitch; it forces me to slow down and take my time. A hat with a lighthouse sounds great!
Delete